The NSW fire brigade has been called in after a fire engulfed a refrigeration unit in northern Sydney.
The fire broke out in the unit at about 8:30am and had been burning for a few hours.
A spokesperson for the NSW fire and emergency services said the unit was completely engulfed in flames.
It was also believed the fire was sparked by an electrical fault.
“The unit was fully engulfed in fire and there were no other occupants at the time of the incident,” the spokesperson said.
“It was not a mechanical fault as such.
There was no other damage to the unit.”NSW Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman Sue Brown said the fire service was not treating the fire as suspicious.”
We’ve been advised by the fire brigade that there was no active fire at the scene, however there is a strong possibility that the fire is arson,” she said.
The NSW Fire and Rescue Service says it is investigating whether a gas line is to blame.
It is also not known what the cause of the blaze is.
A spokesman for the New South Wales Fire and Ambulance Service said they were working to identify those inside the unit and any victims.
“Our crews are continuing to work to ascertain the circumstances of this incident, which has been completely extinguished,” he said.
A fire service spokesman says there were “multiple” people in the building at the start of the inferno.
“There is an active fire in the kitchen area of the unit, which is completely engulfed and no one else was in the premises at the moment,” the spokesman said.